IV International Uuno Klami Composition Competition
DATE LIMITE: 03.12.2018
The International Uuno Klami Composition Competition has won itself an established position as one of the world’s foremost composition competitions. Held at intervals of five years, the aim of the International Uuno Klami Composition Competition is to discover and promote contemporary European music and composition under the name of composer Uuno Klami (1900–1961) and to produce good new repertoire for a small orchestra of sinfonietta type. Citizens of any Nordic, EU or closely associated country may take part in the competition. Works entered for the competition should reach the Competition Office by 3 December 2018 at the latest. The works shortlisted for the finals will be performed by the Kymi Sinfonietta at two finals concerts, to be held in the cities of Kouvola and Kotka (Finland) in autumn 2019.
- Compositions must be submitted to the Competition Office 3 December 2018 at the latest.
- The Jury will be Finland’s Kalevi Aho and Magnus Lindberg and Estonia’s Erkki-Sven Tüür. The conductor member of the Jury will be Olari Elts (Estonia).
- The following prizes will be awarded: I prize €11,000, II prize €9,000 and III prize €7,000.
- There is no age limit or entry fee.
- The works shortlisted for the finals will be performed by the Kymi Sinfonietta at two finals concerts, to be held in the cities of Kouvola and Kotka (Finland) in autumn 2019. The Jury chooses the winners only after hearing the finals concerts and their rehearsals.
- For more information (rules and entry form) on the competition, please visit the competition website at www.klamicompetition.fi.